Are you a new or inexperienced clerk/RFO? Look no further!
We all know how difficult it can be to learn the ins and outs of council accounting. If you're a clerk or RFO in charge of managing a council's finances, it's important for you to understand the basics.
Scribe Support Accountant, Hannah, has come to the rescue with a short video which covers the basics about the role as a council clerk or RFO (without taking too much time out of your day!).
What the video covers:
Overview of the role of a council clerk or RFO
- Duties and responsibilities of a RFO
Accounting requirements for local councils
- Receipts & Payments vs Income & Expenses accounts
- Accounting records & reports
- Year End
-Transparency code for small councils
A lot can be learnt about accounting requirements for councils by watching this short introduction to local council accounts. And if you want to know more after watching the video, click here to view our latest training events.
Promise: have confidence in your role as a clerk/RFO
- Familiarising yourself with the responsibilities of a clerk or RFO
- Understanding the main accounting requirements for local councils
- Learning how to carry out these accounting requirements